When we moved to our new house, we didn’t have much for décor or furniture. The house we lived in previously was already furnished so we didn’t need our own stuff…
We’ve slowly been decorating and acquiring new things to dress up the house, make it more cozy, and make it more stylish. I usually work on my laptop in the family room so I am especially focusing on that room right now. We got a nice big, comfy couch and some nice mood lighting… now for more décor!
The walls are a dark tan color, our couches are tan, the carpets are tan… it all kind of runs together and the room desperately needs some accents and bright colors. I love deep reds or burgundy and I think they go really well with browns and golds.
We used to have a World Market store here, but it closed (sob sob!!!). Thankfully you can shop with them online and they have everything you could possibly want for a home and the prices are great. I had so much fun going through and picking out pieces for our family room:
1. Wine Damask Curtain: I think these will really pop against our tan walls and I love the color!
2. Neutral Crochet Indoor-Outdoor Rug: love the browns and golds in this neutral-colored rug to add some variety to our tan carpet and kind of tie everything together
3. Mahogany Leaf Over-sized Mirror: mirrors always help make your space appear larger and more roomy – perfect! I love the dark wood with the leaf pattern on it.
4. Garnet Jacquard Venetian Pillow: I love our couches, but they have NO pillows! These would be the perfect way to add some more color to the room. They match the curtains and the throw.
5. Bronze Curtain Rods: classy looking – I love the square shape and the bronze color.
6. Teal Tatum Throw: fresh color and it will help lighten up the room a bit – it matches the pillows well, too.
7. Napa Floor Lamp: I love the texture on the shade and the ambient light it will provide with a modern look.
What are your favorites?
World Market is currently having a Gourmet Getaway Sweepstakes:
Grand Prize package includes:
- A trip for two to to Santa Fe, New Mexico (this is a 5 day Trip for 2 to Santa Fe which includes airfare and hotel)
- Hands on Southwestern Cooking class with Master Chef
- Personally signed glossy cookbook
- Multi-course dinner at the acclaimed Geronimo
- Southwestern Foodie Tour with a cultural kick
- A $1,000 World Market gift card
There will also be 3 runner up prize winners that will each receive a $500 World Market gift card! The Gourmet Getaway Sweepstakes runs from August 18, 2012 until September 21, 2012. If you share the sweepstakes with 5 of your friends (via FB share or email) you can receive 5 additional bonus entries. This is part of the registration process when entering. Users can also enter daily for more chances to win!!! GOOD LUCK!
~This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™, but all my opinions are my own.