Most of you already know I’m a huge breastfeeding advocate, having nursed our son until he was almost 4 and our daughter until almost 2. I believe that breastfeeding success is largely about SUPPORT so when I discovered an IBCLC that created a helpful breastfeeding app, I had to check it out.
I mean, what else are we doing when we’re up nursing 5 times in the middle of the night? I guess I don’t know about you, but I was on my phone! We’re always on our phones! So having a supportive app filled with great info is perfect.
Sara Chana’s Savvy Breastfeeding Guide app is available for iOS and Android devices and is currently being offered for $2.99… I bought it for my iPhone. I am an ICAN (International Cesarean Awareness Network) leader and am currently working on my certification as a Birthing From Within mentor to teach childbirth education classes… so I am frequently with moms of our community. This is a great way for ME to learn and to share with other moms. I encourage them to download it on their own device!
It not only has breastfeeding support and information, but lots of other naturally-minded goodies, too! The main categories include:
- Breastfeeding 101: breast milk, latch, myths, helpful tools, etc.
- Breastfeeding Mom: all about diet, emotional health, birth, body, breasts, and more
- Breastfeeding Baby: including challenges, diapers, adding solids, and nursing older babies
- Alternative Treatments: essential oils, herbs, homeopathy, and poultices
- Video Library
All of that for $2.99?!?! Seriously.
- 103 entertaining and educational three-minute videos
- 350 easy-to-read, original articles
- 100’s of pictures to easily identify problems and find quick & easy solutions.
- Alternative Remedies for Common Problems (Essential Oils for Emotional Help, Hemorrhoids, Teething; Homeopathic Solutions for Back Pain, Breast Infections, Clogged Ducts, Engorgement, C-section and Epidural recovering and more)
Sara Chana Silverstein is an international board certified lactation consultant (IBCLC), doula, master herbalist (AHG), classical homeopath, childbirth educator and mother of 7. She’s helped thousands of women with every possible nursing and newborn challenge and recently launched this breastfeeding guide app that puts her years of experience and loads of knowledge at women’s fingertips.