This post is promoted by Bertolli®.
Do you have plans for this summer? I love having our kids home from school, the fresh air outside, and the sunshine bringing friends and family together all season long. We have a wonderful backyard for hosting parties during the summer so I’m always looking for recipes that are not only delicious, but are quick and easy for feeding a lot of people!
Pasta is always a safe bet and meal prep is easier with Bertolli®. To help celebrate Bertolli’s 150th year of bringing Tuscany to our table, I created two new recipes for entertaining this season—a summer pasta dish and a tempting cheesy dip. I promise they are EASY, quick, and everyone will want more!
We’re part of a local CSA this year and our fridge is always packed with vegetables—I chop them up and add them to any recipe I can! Use whatever is in your fridge, roast them, and toss them with some pasta and your favorite Bertolli Sauce (tomato & basil over here!).
My regular veggies are zucchini and summer squash. For this recipe, I picked up some eggplant, too. Throw in some olive oil and seasonings and you’re ready to roast. Cook your pasta and stir it all together with the sauce. Easy! I like to eat it cold, especially in the summer, but you can serve it warm, too—amazing both ways!
- 1 lb box of pasta: my favorite is farfalle or rotini, but you can use anything you have
- Chopped veggies: I used one each of zucchini, summer squash, and eggplant
- Bertolli Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 1 T olive oil
- Preferred seasonings: I add salt, garlic, and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the box of pasta according to its instructions, then put it off to the side.
- Chop your vegetables in small cubes, spread on a baking sheet, and toss with the olive oil and seasonings.
- Place vegetables in the oven and roast for ~ 25 minutes. I like to toss them half way through.
- Combine pasta, veggies, and Bertolli Tomato & Basil Sauce.
- Optional: top with additional seasonings or cheese.
- Notes: I use about half the jar of Bertolli Tomato & Basil Sauce, but you can add it to taste.
Next up… the cheese dip that you’ll want to make again as soon as the dish is empty! It’s even easier than the pasta recipe with only 3 ingredients.
Combine goat cheese and Bertolli Tomato & Basil Sauce, top with some basil, and you’ve got something mouthwatering. I am able to use the same jar of Bertolli Sauce for both of these recipes and still have some leftover (for my next tray of baked goat cheese! Perfect!).
Ingredients for Baked Goat Cheese:
1 8oz block of goat cheese
Bertolli Sauce (I used Tomato & Basil)
Basil (fresh is better, I used flakes because it’s what I had)
Recipe for Baked Goat Cheese:
Preheat oven to 400 (if you’re making my above pasta recipe, you’re all set to cook these at the same time).
Use a small baking dish (I used an oblong casserole dish) and spread the goat cheese all over the bottom. Top with as much of your Bertolli Tomato & Basil Sauce as you’d like. I used about 1/2 cup.
Place in the oven for about 20 minutes—until the sauce is bubbling and it’s all nice and hot. (I’m drooling over here!)
Top with your basil and ENJOY! I use mini breadsticks or toasts to dip in there, but you can use chips or any kind of bread!
Maybe you’re not getting away this summer, but you can certainly bring Italy to your family! Italians seem to live life simply and fully, with friends, family, fun, and FOOD at the core. With its authentic taste and quality ingredients, bring Tuscany to your table with Bertolli Sauce.
Viva Bertolli® and join me in celebrating 150 years of delicious Italian food, friends, and family. Felice Anniversario and Buono Appetito! Visit Bertolli on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter for more inspirations and to bring Tuscany to your table.