I can’t imagine going through something like this and my heart goes out to everyone affected by the tornado in Oklahoma. I have a list of ways you can easily help from home, thanks to Danielle from Just Danielle.
- Text STORM to 80888 to donate $10 to the Salvation Army USA
- Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to the Red Cross
- Text FOOD to 32333 to donate $10 to the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma
(The $10 will be charged to your phone bill)
- Operation BBQ Relief is a non profit corporation founded in 2011 in response to a need for relief efforts in Joplin, Missouri. They served over 120,000 barbecue meals in less than two weeks. From that, their organization was born. Visit their facebook page at www.facebook.com/operationbbqrelief for updates, volunteer information, needs, and requests for donated supplies. They deployed to Moore, OK, on May 21st. From their website, operationbbqrelief.org, you can donate to their relief fund or volunteer to work with them.
- If you would like to help in the clean up please contact the Red Cross at 405 – 228-9500 and give them your information.
- Judah 1 is a Christian non-profit aviation ministry. Besides providing air transportation for organizations like Make a Wish foundation they also provide mission transport for disaster relief. They have a donate box on their website, www.judah1.com. Your donations are tax deductible. Please mark your donation “Tornado May 2013.”
- The Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma is another great place to donate. 100% of your donation goes to disaster relief and helping victims. There is a button on the website,www.okdisasterhelp.com/donate/ or you can mail checks to BGCO, Attn: Disaster Relief, 3800 N. May Ave., OKC, OK 73112
- www.feedthechildren.org has a button up on their site specifically for Oklahoma Emergency Response. While some Red Cross and Salvation Army locations are at capacity with donations, Feed the Children can still help.
- Tide “Loads of Hope” has responded to Moore. While supporting them isn’t direct support, it’s still a great cause. Visit their website and buy a t-shirt. A minimum of $4 from every shirt goes toward helping families affected by disaster.
- Check out: https://www.facebook.com/MooreTornado, https://www.facebook.com/groups/375883429186645/, and https://www.facebook.com/OpOKRelief
Feel free to share or copy and re-post this information. Thank you, Danielle, for compiling it. Thoughts are with everyone affected <3